Wednesday, August 12, 2009

::asher's room::


i am so excited about our little guy's room! i had a really hard time deciding what kind of rug to put into his room. mostly because i wanted the rug to bring in a ton of color since we can't paint the walls. i went back and forth between a few ideas until my husband came up with the genius idea of doing a bunch of small round colorful rugs from ikea. i love the look so much! it's so playful. my husband said he wanted something fun that asher could jump around on. i think instead he'll jump from one to the other and all around the room! i can't wait!


i have no idea where i got the idea to do the branch mobile. i've had some pretty crazy creative dreams over the past 9 months so i'm guessing it was a combination of that and the window displays at my all time favorite store - anthropologie! i think at one point they had some random paper mache branch with some honey combs hanging from it. that's where the idea all started. i must admit i was a little nervous that it wasn't going to turn out exactly as i had pictured but i'm soooo happy with it! i absolutely love it! i hope he does too!


and then some of my favorite details in the room are on the shelves. ben's favorite toy from when he was little - the little tykes saw. and his shoes with holes in the toes! i also have a picture sitting on the shelf of my favorite grandpa on a horse in his cowboy gear when he was a little boy.



asher's aunt katie got him his very first ever stuffed animal when she first found out about him - a super cute sock monkey! i loved it so much that i couldn't resist incorporating a few sock monkey's throughout his room!

and then of course all the little details...


a few more of my favorites....
i absolutely love the blue asher table that asher's best friend will's parents made him! it's so cute and thoughtful and i know there was a lot of love put into it! i also love the little sock monkey face night light that his great aunt kris got him and the asher party bird painting that my great friend kelley ash painted for me. you've got to check out her work! she's awesome. my georgia friends shower was at her house, you saw how awesome that place was! the picture on the top left is of his curtains. i found the brown & white striped curtains at pottery barn kids and i sewed the yellow pom pom balls onto them! i like the little detail it adds!

now we are just waiting for the most important piece - our little asher-oni!

xoxo,
(ah)

7 comments:

Lyndsay Almeida said...

it SO PERFECT! i love how it all came together-and what a great idea ben had for the rugs. you did an amazing job on the tree branch too. want to start an interior design biz??!! i guess you're going to be too busy for that in the near future, huh?

hurry up, Little Guy!

Tori said...

I'm soooo in love with your nursery. I wish I was there to just sit in his room with you :)

Unknown said...

Love it Aud. You are GOOD! The room looks amazing! I think I'd like to take a nap in there... :)
I can't wait for you to meet Asher! Getting anxious?

Love you.
- Lea

Stacy said...

He's going to love it, Audrey! :0) I just can't wait to meet him....I bet he'll be as spunky as you!

Grant and Sarah Schmeelk said...

I love the room....so creative...I think the rugs are my favorite part...ahaha!

Unknown said...

You are so talented!! I could never put all that together, it is beyond adorable. YAY!

Kyle Parker said...

The tree branch above the crib is AWESOME! I want one... for myself... above my bed. Where did you get it?!?