Monday, September 8, 2008

i beg....

ben and i went to the shane and shane concert last night down in atlanta.
it was refreshing. we used to listen to these guys all the time when we were in college.
ben used to know them pretty well actually.

i was looking forward to this night. to just sit there and be still and listen to the songs and just offer them up as prayers to my God. you know we all go through times where we feel so fulfilled and others where we feel that little hole. lately - i've been feeling that hole. i love listening to the lyrics of songs. sometimes i have a hard time with words. i have a hard time putting my thoughts and feelings into words. so when i hear these songs, it's like "yeah....that's what i've been trying to say!" or "that's what i've been thinking or feeling."

this song spoke to me. i put a little player up in the top right hand corner of this page. click on it if you want to hear it!

So here I am one more day of not loving Him the way he asks.
In fact my heart is singing praises to the things that make me feel alright.
So I'm sinking fast like a stone heart should,
and on the way down,
I've done what I could to try and try to turn this stone to flesh.

I'm haunted by my God
who has the right to ask me what by the nature of my rebellion I cannot give.

I beg for you to move.
For you to breakthrough.

So here I am. Got my deeds for the day.
All my cute little words about how I am saved.
Am I saved?
Could I love you with my mouth like a church kid should?
At the end of the day my words get burned as wood.
Oh, but I was good.

I'm haunted by my God
who has the right to ask me what by the nature of my rebellion I cannot give.

I beg for you to move.
For you to breakthrough.


xoxo,

ah

0 comments: